Our second day was long. Long and productive. We drove through 2 1/2 states today, from Texarkana to Elizabethtown, KY. Here are a few observations from the road:
- Trees are really nice, for awhile. And then you start to wonder if there’s anything behind them, or if you’re being fooled by clever set design. Is there really anything in Arkansas or Tennessee? I’m unsure.
- Rivers are great, even if you’re just driving over them.
- Memphis has a pyramid. For a moment I thought that I had wandered into a Rick Riordan book.
- I drove through a monsoon. And lived to tell about it.
- I can tell my dog “no” and stick to it, even when she gives me the most pleading look ever trying to get into my lap.
- Kentucky is a beautiful state. I’m so glad we’re driving through it!
- I really love driving (over flying) because I love seeing the world. It’s fantastic!
- Staying in hotels is way better with a dog.